Archives

Treatment for Black Mold

The treatment for black mold isn’t as complicated as you might think. Whenever mold invades our home, it can be a trying time. A mold remediation operation can last a few days, but it might take a bit longer to fully purge your body of the mycotoxins.

These toxins are produced by mold. It is produced by black mold and a few other molds that can be found in the home. Not only can water damage cause it to grow, but also any sort of moisture and warmth without ventilation. When you breathe these mycotoxins in, your body can become negatively affected with your respiratory system and more.

Damage Control 911 provides information on what to do after the mold remediation occurs. It’s only a matter of eating healthier and avoiding things like refined sugar. However, it also helps to bathe in salts and other substances like baking soda and essential oils.

Exercise is also a good way to assist your detoxing because the sweat that you produce can carry the toxins out of your body. Altering your diet to drink juices of vegetables and fruits is also a great way to detoxify your body. Following these steps for a few months will give you a healthier life than you’ve ever had before.

Don’t Build an Ozone Generator at Home

Ozone generators can be relatively expensive. It’s understandable, too, considering what they can do. They are best at removing odors, eliminated the bacteria that causes it. People use them to get rid of pests and mold as well.

Ozone is dangerous to breathe in, but it is one of the most effective ways to remove those gross smells that are in your home or in your car. While they may be a bit pricey, that is no excuse to build your own at home. A homemade ozone generator can cause a lot of problems.

Damage Control 911 goes over each reason, including it being a fire hazard. Since ozone is basically charged oxygen, you have to use high voltage and heavy sparks to do the same thing that an ozone generator does.

This means that you also have to use a transformer or battery to supply this spark, and it must be properly contained in order to supply the right sort of charge the molecules need.

This is one of the most dangerous things, since the spark can jump and even last a bit longer than intended, leading it to transfer to a flammable material nearby. You might want to remove the odor that’s causing a problem, but you don’t want to burn your house down!